Monday, 16 October 2017

I Am Drowning in my TBR Pile

A huge part of being a book blogger is struggling with the mountain that is your TBR (to be read) pile. Sooo what better way to celebrate that than to complete this tag. Thank you to Rose over at Tea With Roses Tomes for tagging me in this. You can check out her post here.

How do you keep track of you TBR pile?


I don't?

Kidding. (kind of)

I used to exclusively use Goodreads to track my TBR, but recently I haven't actually updated it that much and my TBR is now mainly in my head... So before I write this post I'm just going to head off to Goodreads and add my mind TBR to my Goodreads TBR to make this post a little more accurate (and also because my TBR pile is not out of control enough so I don't feel like a proper book blogger).

There we go, I got slightly carried away and now I feel the stress of my TBR pile... That's better.

Is your TBR mostly print or eBook?

I mainly use the library to read the books on my TBR so print I guess?

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?

ARCs are usually a top priority (at least they should be), but at the moment I don't really have a system for how I choose what to read next and that's proving slightly problematic as I'm now currently reading six books... SOMEONE HELP!

13497818 A book that's been on your TBR longest?

The Casual Vacancy, by J.K. Rowling. That reminds me, I still need to read that! Somebody please tell me what they though... I'm afraid I won't like it.

A book that you recently added to your TBR?

I just added Invictus by Ryan Graudin because I saw it on NetGalley and remembered how much I loved The Walled City so I'm sure this will be just as good.

23308087 A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover?

I judge books by their covers so probably all of them? But especially Flame in the Mist, by Renee Ahdieh. It's so pretty!!! So so pretty.... It's the sort of book that I'd buy and then get a copy from the library to read so that I wouldn't ruin my copy.

A book on your TBR that you never plan on actually reading?

There are many series in my TBR list that I never plan on finishing (and I feel guilty about that, I hate leaving series unfinished).

An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for.

Um, Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas! Actually that whole DC Icons series! So exciting....

29749085A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you?

Speaking of the DC Icons series, I still haven't read Wonder Woman: War Bringer by Leigh Bardugo and I feel like everyone around me has read and loved it so I need to get onto that.

A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you.

I don't know! I've been off the blogging grid for a while so I haven't talked books in a long time.. So tell me, what book does everyone recommend to YOU and then I can add that to my TBR and pretend it was the answer for this question.

18798983 A book on your TBR that you're just dying to read.

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. Anything by Renee Ahdieh. I just desperately want to read one of her books. I've heard so many fabulous things and I still haven't read The Wrath and the Dawn... What is wrong with me??????

The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf.

I fake organisation with my TBR by splitting it up into multiple lists...

General books TBR: 34
New series TBR: 27 (that's only including the first book in any series)
Novellas TBR: 5
Unreleased TBR: 4

Total: 70


Is it bad that I'm slightly ashamed by how low this number is... I want an out of control TBR list otherwise I don't feel like a proper bookish blogger. That's what book bloggers have, right? TBR piles that drown them.

Who do I tag?


How many books are on your TBR list? What should I add to mine ASAP so I can finally feel like a proper book blogger who's being crushed by her TBR pile.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig